How To Choose An Outdoor Camping Tent
If you enjoy outdoor activities, then you must be familiar with outdoor camping tents
. Outdoor tents are one of the important equipment for outdoor travel, and their presence is indispensable for both camping and hiking.
There are many functions of camping tents
, in addition to providing basic temporary accommodation, they can also play a role in preventing mosquito bites and providing temporary shelter from rain. The functions of outdoor tents cannot be underestimated.
Although tents are not new things, it's not easy to choose a suitable one. The author has compiled some knowledge and purchasing skills about outdoor tents, which interested friends can refer to.
Outdoor tent composition
Outdoor tent classification
Tips for choosing outdoor tents
Precautions for using outdoor tents
Recommendation for high-quality outdoor tents
1、 Outdoor tent composition
The structure of an outdoor tent is actually very simple, and the two indispensable components are the fabric and support.
The fabric of outdoor tents can be divided into outer layer, bottom, and inner layer. The most important thing about the outer layer material is waterproof, after all, it is very normal to encounter dampness or rain outdoors.
Generally, tents used on the beach
are waterproof at around 300MM, while regular camping tents are waterproof at around 1000MM. If you prefer continuous travel or are unsure of the weather, you can choose waterproof at around 1500MM. If you are a professional, you can choose waterproof at around 2500MM. Generally, the better the waterproof effect, the more expensive the price.
There are more PE materials at the bottom, and their thickness and latitude and longitude density directly determine their quality. The most common internal materials are nylon and cotton cloth, and their quality is closely related to their density.
There are many types of support materials, among which elastic steel, fiberglass tubes, and aluminum alloys are the most common. Most tents with elastic steel brackets are used by children, and some are beach tents, which are relatively cheap. There are many different thicknesses of fiberglass tubes, and it is best to choose based on the specific situation of the tent. It is not suitable to be too thick or too thin. Aluminum alloy brackets are relatively expensive, and most tents with these brackets are lightweight products that are portable and not easily deformed.
2、 Outdoor tent classification
1. By environment
If classified according to the applicable environment, it can be divided into alpine tents and tourist tents.
1. The selection of materials for alpine tents is relatively rigorous, and the production process is more complex, resulting in higher prices. This type of tent can withstand wind and rain in addition to its basic temporary residence, and is suitable for harsh environments. Many friends who enjoy outdoor hiking will choose this type of tent.
2. The price of tourist tents is relatively cheap, and their material selection is worse than that of mountain tents. The production process is relatively simple, and they belong to the middle and low-end tents. This type of tent is only suitable for camping or outings and is not suitable for harsh environments.
2. Divided by season
If divided by season, it can be divided into three season tents and four season tents.
1. Three season tents refer to tents suitable for spring, summer, and autumn, which are generally sufficient for people who do not travel much, after all, there are not many people who like to set up tents outside in the winter.
2. Four season tents refer to tents that are suitable for use during the four seasons, and can also be used for camping in winter, which is better than three season tents.
3. Divided by appearance
If divided according to their appearance, they can be divided into triangular tents, dome shaped tents, hexagonal tents, boat bottom shaped tents, and ridge shaped tents.
The bracket of the triangular tent is made of herringbone iron pipes, connected by a crossbar in the middle. The design is very simple and was the most common type on the market in recent years.
2. The dome shaped one is a bit like a yurt, which is supported by double poles and is cross supported. It is easy to disassemble and install, and has become particularly popular in recent years.
3. Hexagonal tents have three pole cross supports and four pole cross supports, and some hexagonal tents also use six pole supports. This type of tent is relatively stable, most of which are mountain type tents.
4. Boat shaped tents have two or three poles, most of which are designed with "two living rooms and one bedroom", with a bedroom in the middle and a hall shed on both sides.
5. Ridge shaped tents are mostly supported by four pillars, a bit like small houses, with a larger and bulky body. If you are not an outdoor worker or a companion, there is no need to choose this type of tent.
3、 Tips for choosing outdoor tents
When choosing an outdoor tent, it is important to pay attention to the size of the tent. The number of people you want to live in, as well as the height and weight of the person living in the tent, should be taken into account to avoid choosing a smaller product. If you prefer to put your luggage inside the tent, it is recommended to choose a tent that is larger than the actual number of residents. For example, if you live with two people and have some luggage, it is best to choose a tent for 3-4 people. If you choose according to the number of people, there is no space for luggage inside the tent.
If it's a hiking trip, it's best to choose a lighter tent to avoid carrying a lot of extra weight with it. If it's driving, it doesn't matter if it's heavier. Anyway, there's a car pulling it!
3. Tent Type
It is best to choose the type based on your own usage environment. I have written the specific type situation in the previous subheading. It is recommended that friends who haven't noticed it go back and take a look!
4. Tent Price
If it is for long-term use, it is recommended to buy a more expensive, wear-resistant and practical one; If it is only for temporary use, it is best to choose a better one when the funds are sufficient. If the funds are insufficient, you can choose products with lower prices.
4、 Precautions for using outdoor tents
1. The tent must be pitched on a sturdy and hard ground, and never on riverbed, riverbank, or other places.
When camping, it is best to face south or southeast, and the entrance should be leeward.
3. Never pitch a tent under a cliff, otherwise there is a high risk of falling rocks. If it is hit, it will be troublesome.
If it is a collective camping, all tent doors should face in the same direction, and the tents should not be close together. It is best to maintain a distance of one meter or more.
5. It is best not to bring open flames into the tent. Many of the interior of the tent is made of pure cotton, which can easily ignite and cause accidents if ignited.
, a leading aluminum box factory in Ningbo, China, has 22 years of production experience. Since 2015, combining the advantages of camping kitchen boxes
, KASSICO has expanded its business scope to outdoor camping gear and equipment, including design and supply of camp kitchenware
, camp furniture, camping tent
, camping lights
and tools, etc. With multiple sets of outdoor products solutions, kassico provides customers around the world with hundreds of innovative and affordable outdoor products, we will be your reliable suppliers, and we will try our best to serve you better and to be your honest partner.